Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Game Parlor is not the most popular spot to hold Scrabble club. It is a busy place, and I think that is the main complaint, although it is also rather far for some people to drive.

I dunno. I come away from there feeling so UP. For one thing, today my boys drove back to college, and the guys that were playing Magic all over the place reminded me of them. The arguments and the rule-quoting and the lovely excellence that you have to understand at least a little bit to notice... it's all stuff that reminds me of MY guys. Then there were WoW folks at terminals, the usual scruffy guy kind of WoW folk, but one father-son pair hanging around in Mulgore just nearly made me teary. The little boy was keeping track of his quest loot with such excited dignity.

And the noise and the chatter, it's okay for club for me, because tournaments are not like that. It's like wearing extra weight on your practice runs. When I get to tournament games and have the luxury of "what's this -- quiet??", well, I will be running like the wind. That's my theory anyway.

It was also great to see XPMorgan in person and play him, even though I did steal most of the consonants. I should have been a better hostess.

No comments:

Post a Comment