Sunday, October 28, 2007

I've been playing a little bit of boggle again, in my "spare" time. It's good for me. For one thing, I remember where I came from in this Scrabble world. I didn't even know Scrabble existed way back then. I played with this person kablooey on word racer and this person bricap at tangle, and I didn't think ANYTHING of the fact that they also played that slow boring word game called Scrabble. Until I tried it, and I realized how amazing it was.

I remember going to my first club session. I had been accused of cheating at boggle, oh, a million times over the years. I was so used to it that when I played a "weird" word in my first real-life Scrabble game I kind of winced, thinking my opponent would accuse me of using a solver or something. Then I suddenly realized that it wasn't going to be like that in Scrabble EVER.

Boggle doesn't have complexity. It just has pure word finding. Word finding and word knowing. And I still have a fierce joyful fun when my brain heats up and I can see all the possibilities and I could care less whether it has complexity at that point. I just find the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment