Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I am holding ADEHNRV against Shah at club last night. Apparently I'm sort of in idle mode. Do-de-do, I'm thinking about the board, the rack, the lack of sevens on it. The lack of playable eights. But I'm doing it idly.

Okay, so I better play something before morning. There is a pretty decent scoring place for HAND. "ERV is not so bad a leave," I tell myself. "Hm, there's an open O on the board. An OVER word would score pretty well there."

Oh.

I play overhand, smoothly, like I'd seen it all along and was just looking for something better. As Bob Linn would say, "Would you rather play that or play the bingo?"

(In another game, SAG was on the board out in the open, and I was happily thinking of its hooks, happily greedily. But I "forgot" about the S hook. Excellent expert mind I had last night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment