Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Full Disclosure: the bingos

It's a rather boring list, with a significantly higher percentage of sevens than usual, and no nines (18 sevens and 12 eights). I suspect that the greater number of sevens is a factor of both the boards and the immersion in the new sevens. I was slightly more wired to look for them this tournament than usual. I had three games with no bingos at all, which seems like a high percentage.

RETASTE
EARBUdS
STRIKES
LINGUAE
[R]UNAGaTE
DISTRuS[T]
OUTLAND
STOrIES
[I]NTERAGE
DENTAl[I]A
AMITIES
PER[I]NEAL
V[E]RBOTEn
ENTERIC
DARIOLE
ENDIVEs
TINWO[R]KS (dbl-dbl)
LAAGERS
THEOR[I]Es
[B]ANNERET
GoaL[L]ESS (trpl-trpl for 113 -- still seems like an almost wasteful use of those lovely tiles)
SURlIER
ALATION
LEVEEIN[G]
VOTIvES
C[O]GNATES
HEEDINg
TONGERS
LUNGYIS
PAINTED

I missed a relatively common bingo at the start of one of my games. Opening rack, and I'm certain -- CERTAIN -- that there is a solution. I'm not going to admit to the word, so don't ask. But my question is... how long do I look for it? I never found it and eventually played something else. When you know -- I don't mean that you suspect, you KNOW -- there's something there, how long do you look? My self-talk went like this: okay, look, if you miss the best play, you have to still make the second best play and do it with purpose. And so I did. And I really sincerely hope that no one saw that rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment